Monday, February 27, 2017

Enjoy Life!


When I was a teenager, I knew a man who had a catchphrase*. He was a man that ran triathlons recreationally, wore suspenders casually, and was kind of a jerk. He also had swagger.  This man was a neighbor, and I often heard him use his motto when he chatted with my parents. He would always drop his slogan right before exiting a conversation, and the fact that he withdrew from public settings by using a catchphrase blew my mind.

Before this man moved to my neighborhood, I didn’t know that catchphrases could exist outside of commercials and cartoons.  Once I learned that mottos were up for grabs, I wanted my own.  I became determined to create a signature phrase.

I didn’t feel well-rounded enough to have a catchphrase in high school, and I wasn’t quite mature enough to pull off using my own slogan in college.  It wasn’t until 2013 when I created an anonymous blog that I decided the time was right for using my own motto.

I considered a few catchphrases, some simple and some complicated, before I settled on, Enjoy Life.

What Enjoy Life Means to Me

Life is short, scary, beautiful, and uncertain. I want my life to matter, and I don’t want to take life for granted.  I want to live a life that is gratifying AND filled with gratitude.  I want to always enjoy my life and I want you to enjoy life too.

I value happiness.
I value good health.
I value kindness.

My work and my hobbies revolve around my values. I believe that it is important to enjoy life, and I enjoy life because I strive to live in a way that supports my values. 

Happiness, good health, and kindness are special.  Treasures that make life worth living. I want you to value these treasures too, because if you do, like me, I think you will truly…

Enjoy Life!
(In short: be kind, be healthy and be happy.)

Peace out!

Miss Nutralicious


*I have decided not to share my neighbor's catchphrase in order to protect his identity, but think “Hasta la vista, baby”, “I’ll be back”, or “Here’s looking at you, kid” but even cooler.






No comments:

Post a Comment