Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Currently


Today, I am linking-up with Anne and her co-host Carrie!


Currently I am feeling like a blogging newbie.  This is the first link-up I have participated in since 2015 and I just had to review link-up rules and etiquette to make sure I was doing this right. Once I am done writing this post I am going to awkwardly post comments on stranger’s blogs. “I know you, but you don’t know me! I read your blog!  Let’s be friends!” The first time commenting on a blog is always weird to me. Link-ups are out of my comfort zone, but I want friends in the blogging world!

So let’s begin…

Watching
My finances. I have always been a saver, but until this year I had never stuck to a budget.  On January 1st, my husband and I created a fancy budget sheet and it has turned me into a cheap wad. In January I spent very little money. I successfully cut my spending in half in February. I plan to spend even less in March. By December, you will probably be able to find me cooking a can of beans over a campfire and bragging about how I saved two cents buying store brand beans.

Eating
Muffins. Confession: I don’t like cupcakes.  I have been over the cupcake trend since it started, and I am ready to move on from Cupcake Station to Muffin Market. Muffin Mansion? Muffin Malls?  Whatever we want to call it let’s just get there.  Muffins are delicious, healthyish, and versatile.  I have convinced myself that one dozen mini muffins is the same as one regular muffin.  I think a nice snack size is about 1.5 regular muffins.  Maybe.  It's hard to tell because I make mini muffins.

Saying
“Do you think I would drown if I did a triathlon?” and “Is it possible to practice swimming without water?”  My cousin asked me to do a sprint triathlon with her.  I am intrigued, but I don’t swim. Seriously, it’s 30 degrees outside right now, how do swimmers train in winter?  Do I need to join a gym with a pool?  Luckily for my husband, I will continue to share my swimming thoughts out loud until I decide to commit to the race and do some research, or run (and bike but not swim) away from the whole triathlon idea.

Wearing

A picture says 1000 words.  This one says things like “I don’t get out much” and “Thank goodness I am not a fashion blogger”. But mainly, “I spent $89 on a pair of fancy sweat pants from Athleta and after wearing them for less than a month both knees have giant holes in them, but I will continue to wear them at home because they are comfy and cost me $89.”

Posting
Blog posts!  On my NEW blog (this one)!!  I am finally operating a real blog for the first time since January 2016!!!  I love blogging.  It feels good to be back!

Enjoy Life!

Miss Nutralicious

16 comments:

  1. Welcome to your first linky in awhile! I love muffins! I probably make them weekly because the family will eat them for breakfast with a hard-boiled egg and some fruit or I'll send one in with some yogurt for the kids lunch. My husband tells me it's just an excuse to have dessert for breakfast.....okay, he may be right on that one but he still eats them! Wow! A Triathalon?!! Go you! Congrats on the new blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Muffins are kind of a dessert...but I think they are good for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks too! ;) The triathlon is still a BIG maybe, but doesn't it just sound like an exciting thing to do?! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world!! I am a total muffin girl too and I've been eating quite a few. I wanted to make some last night but it didn't happen and now I'm craving one. Thanks for linking up with Currently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and thanks for co-hosting the link-up! I think I am always craving muffins. I have yet to find a muffin recipe that I don't like!

      Delete
  3. Glad you joined in! This is one of the best ways to make new internet friends :) And your triathlon thoughts cracked me up - I was in the same boat (or pool?), and then I signed up for some adult swimming lessons. Made such a difference! Not that I've done the triathlon yet, but I feel so much more comfortable in the pool and know I'm going to be able to tackle it. Or a great alternative is the run, bike, paddle event that some of my friends have done around here. Kayaking is hard too, but harder to drown!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! "Kayaking is hard too, but it's harder to drown." So true. I probably should try adult swimming lessons. I am like you, it's not that I can't swim, I am just not 100% comfortable in the water. I also splash A LOT, so I'm pretty sure my form is bad. Thanks for hosting the Currently link-up, it has been fun discovering new blogs today!

      Delete
  4. Welcome back! I would be marching those pants right back to Athleta!!! That should not be happening for $89. I love muffins but I am off grains so I really need to find a good grain free muffin recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not happy about the pants! I still think I am going to write a letter. If you find a good grain free muffin recipe, please let me know. I am happy to make and taste test any muffins.

      Delete
  5. That picture makes it look like your arms are pink! haha. What the heck about the holes in the knees of your sweatpants??? That is not cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is true. I have pink arms. That is why I blog anonymously. Ha! Thanks to my husbands photography skills I also have a 6-foot tall torso and 2-inch long legs. It's a good look.

      Delete
  6. That's great you are back to blogging! It can be weird to comment on a stranger's blog, but I like to just think "they WANT people to read it and comment, right?" and I like making bloggy friends too. Which is why I always comment on someone's blog if they comment on mine. Builds a connection, I think!

    Aw, sorry about the pants. They look comfy. I'd wear them around the house too. That's great you're saving money too!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It IS weird to comment on a stranger's blog. I have a hard time putting myself out there in the real world too. I think the phrase "don't talk to strangers" has been ingrained in my head for so long that it feels like I'm breaking rules when I communicate with people I don't know. Ha! Building connections with new people every once in awhile is important though! Cheers to blogging!

      Delete
  7. Hey there! Love your realness in this post. I think Atleta owes you a new pair of pants and I love muffins, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Athleta owes me a new pair of pants too! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. I would return those pants! They should reimburse that. How horrible. But I am glad they are comfy.

    Muffins for life, girl! I love them! So so good!

    I think you should do the sprint triathlon. I have done three of them and they are really fun. You don't have to be a fast swimmer or have any form you just have to get it done. I have seen all kinds of swimmers so I am sure you will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome that you have done THREE sprint triathlons! That's a huge accomplishment!

      I'm confident in my running and my biking skills are meh, but I think I could power through...but swimming?! Yikes! It's intimidating!

      Delete