Friday, March 17, 2017

Fitness Friday

It's time for another round of Fitness Friday.  Let's do this. Pow!


What’s new: I finished my 40-day running challenge! Sunday marked day number four-oh.  Go me! When I tallied up my GPS runs and treadmill mileage, I discovered that I officially ran a grand total of 166 miles.  I am a beast! A beast who will be rewarded with a long sleeve t-shirt.

Changes to my routine:  I’ve done a lot of chillin’ this week. I ran a couple of times, mall walked once, and attended my weekly tumbling class. Sometimes, adding relaxation to a routine is a much needed change.

Running: 15.25 total miles
Longest Run: 4.25 miles
Shortest Run: 3.5 miles
Craziest Run: My Thursday run.  I ran outside because it was sunny.  It was not warm, but the sun had melted the snow and ice that was previously covering the roads in my neighborhood. I ended up doing half of my run on the very slippery and muddy dirt roads near my house. Amazingly, I did not fall.

Strangest Physical Activity Performed: I played basketball at the local YMCA.  This is an extremely normal physical activity, but extremely strange and out of character for me.  Even stranger, I am not a basketball player, nor a member of the YMCA.  Life is weird.

Most challenging physical activity performed with a 2-year-old: Running around the kitchen table.  It doesn’t sound challenging, but when a toddler who idolizes her father discovers that her dad is a track coach, track becomes a thing. A beloved thing.  All week we have been “racing” and running “laps” around the kitchen table.  It’s a workout!

Weirdest Food: I am in a bit of a food rut lately. I haven’t made the time to cook much, let alone cook something unique and fancy.  This week I did make M&M cookies that called for vanilla pudding as an ingredient (delicious), and my mom made spinach calzones and gave me the leftovers (fantastic).

Fitness highlight of the week:  Finishing my 40-day running challenge. Nuff said.

Goals for next week: Exercise outside.  It’s still so cold, but I am sick of being trapped indoors!  I need some fresh air, and I am going to make it happen even if I need to wear my snowsuit. 

Questions: What was your fitness highlight this week? Do you commit to fitness challenges?

Enjoy Life!

Miss Nutralicious

4 comments:

  1. I love the story about kitchen table laps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have done SO MANY kitchen table laps lately, It's insane! I think I should start logging my kitchen laps in my running mileage. Ha!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on completing your 40-day challenge! I wish I were being that consistent with my fitness right now. I did, however, run a St. Patrick's Day 5k, pushing a 1.5yo in a stroller into a headwind. I'm choosing to call that an accomplishment this week. P.S. Laps around a table totally count. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was a tough challenge. Honestly, finding the time to fit in all of the miles was the hardest part of the challenge. This week I feel like I am catching up on all of the things I put off while I was doing the running.

      Pushing a stroller while running is no joke. It's hard! I can't imagine the added challenge of dodging people during a race. That's a BIG accomplishment!

      Delete